Monday, March 22, 2010

Boston Museum Of Science

During my recent trip back to Boston I visited the Boston Museum Of Science, where my uncle is a volunteer. I haven't been there for a VERY long time. I was impressed all over again. Ripley's Meets the Petting Zoo!
When I was very young I saw an exhibit at the BOS that featured the use of a human toe as a replacement thumb (click to see thumb/toe warning not for faint of stomach). I think it semi-traumatized AND extremely intrigued me! I always loved using that special fact through out the years when a person's appendages were in jeopardy. Below is the baby hand deformity from the exhibit which is still there! I was beginning to think I dreamed the whole thing up!

{More Pictures} I took @ The Boston Museum of Science




Butterfly Specimen


Taxidermy kitty


Butterflies


Quartz


Rock Collection


The baby hand deformities


fetus


Ant Tunnels


Museum Reflections

1 comment:

  1. I could choose to fit the canvas print that I was ordering from wahooart.com to the pattern and color of the wallpaper in my living room. I could search for artwork by subject matter and even predominant colors. Then I customized the frame online because the site allowed me to match the frame style with different wallpapers, one of which looked like ours.
    So now have this canvas print by Pierre Bonnard, http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT4PD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails