Tuesday, September 21, 2010

things of another time ~ spirit photographs

These are photographs of spirits taken by medium William Hope, who in 1905 became interested in spirit photography after capturing the supposed image of a ghost while photographing a friend (sorry to bust your bubble this soon in, but turns out it was just a well positioned slip of glass plates) He even incorporated and founded the Crewe Circle – a group of spirit photographers led by Hope, who following World War I provided grieving relatives of those lost to the war a means of contacting their loved ones. Seems a lot like the ghost hunting and other luring paranormal shows I watched the whole plane ride back from Boston.

I want to believe..so very very bad, but this one killed it for me, just as the slow motion playbacks of the ghosts speaking on the TV shows did, either way I can't stop watching, hoping & grasping.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails