Thursday, September 16, 2010

things of another time ~ racing pigeons

My latest treasure is from an antique fair we stumbled across at Grange Hall during my recent trip to Martha's Vineyard. It's a very special book all the way back from 1913 called, The Racing Pigeon News Annual. Filled with pictures of pigeons, beautiful fonts, and hand written notes on the successes and fails of pigeon, Priscilla, I couldn't pass it up.


This book has instilled in me a new appreciation for our fine feathered sky rats. I have been doing some research and it has left me intrigued with the plethora of antique and modern possibilities to expand my racing pigeon collection. Trophies, taxidermy, medallions, clocks- all things I love come in the form of racing pigeon! Who knew me and pigeons shared so much, I have often over looked these critters, until now. You are on currently my radar pigeons- watch out.

1 comment:

  1. if you ever want to part with your pigeon findings...drop me a line :)
    ozroller@alphalink.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails